IFH Mostly Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prequel fiction?

4 posters

Go down

Prequel fiction? Empty Prequel fiction?

Post by Parahacker 1/2/2014, 13:54

Hi - found this site (sort of) through homeoftheunderdogs.net (http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?id=4826) - though the site they have listed for you has a notice about being hacked, I googled your creator/company name and found myself here.

I haven't played the game yet, I'm a bit hesitant because my computer has poor GPU capabilities... I figure I'll try it out anyway soon enough. Wish me luck.

In the meantime, what I wanted to know was... Underdog's bio about the authors of the game mentions that you wrote a series of fan fiction prior to making the game. I was really hoping to read it - considering the easily apparent quality control you've put into the game, I have high expectations for the fiction ^_^. But I can't seem to find out where you're keeping it. Google gives me page after page of links/reviews of this game instead of the fanfic. Can I buy a clue, plz? lol

Oh, and may I suggest a link somewhere on this site to your fanfiction? I mean, it's historical, you know? Gotta keep your roots ^_^

Also, I wanted to mention, I've been a webmaster before too, both as a hobbyist and professionally, and site security was always a pain. I remember one horribly embarrasing moment when a site I'd thought was secure got hacked through a script kiddie exploit I REALLY should have been prepared for, by some Turkish douchebag hacker group (they left a signature, the assholes.) So I feel your pain - just keep strong and make sure your application layers are all well defended, I have a feeling that your hack probably wasn't personal, just - like with me - some douche testing a bunch of sites for takedown with a specific exploit. The message you left seems to imply it's the fault of your hosting server, which is definitely possible; but be aware, since I know you're using prepackaged scripts for your forums at least, that any interactive pages using a well-known package (like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, PHPBB, etcetera) also has a risk of zero-day exploits (and after-zero day exploits, left unpatched...) and in all likelihood that's your culprit. Your best bet is to at least once a week lurk on sites such as http://www.exploit-db.com/webapps/ and see if one of the scripts you use pops up on the radar, and what the fix is. Cheers, and hope I'm actually being useful with this, not teaching dolphins how to fish ^_^
Anonymous
Parahacker

Back to top Go down

Prequel fiction? Empty Re: Prequel fiction?

Post by bojidar4oto 1/2/2014, 19:21

Well, if you mean the rest of the games, that have been released - there's none. D&O is the only one. Deltawing has been put on hold, and Black Omega is being developed.

The main game is stall from the beginning, because of some problems, SDF can't deal with. So they made D&O to buy some time and deal with them. Turned out, the engine they've been using, simply can't handle the main game. Probably that's where Black Omega comes.

But for anymore info ask Oleg Petrov, a.k.a. Renderer.
bojidar4oto
bojidar4oto
Forum administrator
Forum administrator

Брой мнения : 60
Activity points : 41659
Местожителство : Earth, Europe, Bulgaria, Lom

https://facebook.com/theinvisiblesniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Citizen5150 5/2/2014, 17:12

There are some short stories they have posted in the past. Here is the collection I have made.

Download: B5 Documents
Citizen5150
Citizen5150
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Брой мнения : 22
Activity points : 39670
Местожителство : San Jose

http://home.earthlink.net/~fbristol/

Back to top Go down

Post by AC_Black 21/3/2014, 10:36

~S~

Thanks for the download of B5 Docs, going to be a long night and hope to enjoy them all Smile
AC_Black
AC_Black
Ensign
Ensign

Брой мнения : 2
Activity points : 36912

Back to top Go down

Post by shalbatana 25/3/2014, 05:57

The background stories are all on the main site too.
shalbatana
shalbatana
Security Chief
Security Chief

Брой мнения : 27
Activity points : 41292

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum