IFH Mostly Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple capships arrival

2 posters

Go down

Multiple capships arrival Empty Multiple capships arrival

Post by bojidar4oto 24/2/2013, 03:48

I need your help again, guys. This time I need to make 4 capships(3 omegas and 1 nova) to arrive from a jumpgate at the same time and each of them launch 6 fighters. If I group them, they'll arrive properly, but fighters will be launched only from ship number 1. And if each ship forms a single group - they arrive inside each other... Multiple capships arrival 3690572428
Attachments
Multiple capships arrival Attachment
V'Than failure, part 2.zip This is the mission. Hope it can help.(2.1 Mb) Downloaded 235 times
bojidar4oto
bojidar4oto
Forum administrator
Forum administrator

Брой мнения : 60
Activity points : 41359
Местожителство : Earth, Europe, Bulgaria, Lom

https://facebook.com/theinvisiblesniper

Back to top Go down

Multiple capships arrival Empty Re: Multiple capships arrival

Post by Guest 25/2/2013, 17:17

They have jumpdrives, why not have them jump in with out a gate?

When I did my mission "Beta Sedigitus Convoy run" I had the convoy arrive in two groups instead of one big group.

In both of my Beta Sedigitus missions I had the ships move to different spots just past the jumpgate to keep them from running into each other.

You should not have them come out at the same time. Give them a 10 second or so break between ships coming out of the jumpgate and have them move to different spots outside the jumpgate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bojidar4oto 25/2/2013, 20:33

I'll see...
bojidar4oto
bojidar4oto
Forum administrator
Forum administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bojidar4oto 28/2/2013, 05:39

Now the Omegas do NOT attack the G'Quons...they just turn to face them as if they want to look at the eyes of their killer('cause the enemy capships do attack and destroy them all!).I tried to fix that for several days, but I couldn't.
Multiple capships arrival 3131118884
Attachments
The V'Than failure, part 2.zip Here's the updated mission(2.1 Mb) Downloaded 247 times
bojidar4oto
bojidar4oto
Forum administrator
Forum administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/2/2013, 15:34

You are Missing the Object in the AIGoal for them... I have had a similar problem on many times when I code to long and everything looks the same.

AIGoal {
OrderFor Alpha
Cue True
AIType Pilot
GoalType Attack
Allegiance Hostile
ShipType Warship
Object Bravo
Priority 100
}

AIGOAL {
Orderfor EAS Nemesis
Cue Destroyed:"EAS Cerberus" Delay:"25"
Aitype Pilot
Goaltype Attack
Allegiance Hostile
ShipType Warship
Priority 33
Repeat 1
}
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bojidar4oto 28/2/2013, 19:32

This is not the cause. Placing that line does not cure the pain...

Also, the turrets and guns of the omegas ALWAYS act oddly, they just rotate randomly instead of aiming precicely at their target. In this way they don't attack 'cause they didn't aim at the enemy. But that must be an engine glitch, although in "The Regulus Incident" mission this has been avoided.
bojidar4oto
bojidar4oto
Forum administrator
Forum administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/3/2013, 16:19

I really hate when that happens...Just when you think you have found the problem you find out your wrong...again....

I just saw this from the B5 scrolls facebook page...

I’m hoping that one day one of those talented model builders out there create a render showing off some of the Omega’s intended potential to be a bad ass – the kind of stuff we never saw in the show, due to the removal of FI at the end of season 3. Here’s some extracts from the interview with it’s designer – Emmy award winning co-founder of Foundation Imaging, Paul Bryant.

"The turrets on each forward cheek were just there to get your attention, they were the 'light' weapons."

... "There were the Starfury launch bays, the missile silos and finally the dual Big Ass Cannons under the ship’s return bay that were supposed to launch gigaton class mines."

"Those little red doors are for the missile silos. The detail was designed for a 19th century broadside effect. You know, camera scraping down the side of the Aggie as all the hatches open sequentially just like every swashbuckling movie you've ever seen. Then open to a wide shot as the entire ship's side erupts in flame and missiles."

"On the centrifuge, if you look closely in some shots, you can see sealed Starfury launch bays. I wrote a whole tactical description of how Starfury flights were deployed in battle. If the launch was defensive then, as the centrifuge rotated, the 'Furies' were deployed evenly around the ship by releasing them at regular intervals. If it was an attack then they were released at the specific degree of rotation closest relative to the target."

"Originally the engine section was also a complex gimballed affair because when turning a large centrifugal mass the turning thrust axis is not intuitive. For example if the centrifuge is rotating clockwise, to turn the ship to port then the thrusters should be pointing down thrusting upwards. I explained this to the guys and they looked at me like I had two heads. I think it was Ronny who said 'Look, just stick some big engines on the back and walk away'. We were under a time crunch as always and that's just what I did. (Nobody asked me where the fuel was kept either Smile. The inspiration for the eventual engine design was WWII pulse jet engines."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bojidar4oto 1/3/2013, 20:17

SDF Team, I think Citizen5150 just gave you some "small extras" to attend to, when you start building the Omega-class destroyer, my favourite space ship!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I explained this to the guys and they looked at me
like I had two heads.
Me too!Multiple capships arrival 886201066 Multiple capships arrival 780073506
bojidar4oto
bojidar4oto
Forum administrator
Forum administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JSM 2/3/2013, 04:26

Oh yeah I already read that interview and immediately thought..."lets implement this in BO!!" Smile
JSM
JSM
IFH: Modeler

Брой мнения : 45
Activity points : 41093

Back to top Go down

Post by bojidar4oto 27/3/2013, 01:40

Gosh, now "G'Quon_fake" refuses to attack the station in the failure outro!!! Multiple capships arrival 3131118884
Attachments
vthan_2.zip This is the mission(5.8 Mb) Downloaded 235 times
bojidar4oto
bojidar4oto
Forum administrator
Forum administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/3/2013, 11:00

Try this!

AIGOAL {
Orderfor G'Quon_fake
Cue Proximity:"G'Quon_fake" Object:"V-XI" Distance:"6000"
Aitype Pilot
Goaltype Attack
Object V-XI
Allegiance Hostile
ShipType Warship
Priority 100
}
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bojidar4oto 1/4/2013, 00:03

Thanks! That fixes it. Now I'm finishing up both missions and I'll post them when they're ready(if I have Internet, otherwise you won't see them for a hell of alot time Sad )
bojidar4oto
bojidar4oto
Forum administrator
Forum administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content